Attention all STUDENT ARTISTS!!!
Draw, paint or sketch a piece of art for the 2019-2020 Yearbook Cover Contest.
This year’s YEARBOOK cover theme is: “Pieces of Our Future”
Imagine 2040. What do you see for yourself in twenty years? Do you believe that dreams can predict the future? If yes, imagine the future of food, love, work, health and technology… Or any other ideas you may have of the future. Piece together your future and create a beautiful piece of artwork for the cover of the yearbook.
- The first-place winner will have their artwork featured on the front cover of the 2019-2020 yearbook.
- The contest is open to ALL current LAES K-6 students.
- The artwork must incorporate the yearbook theme: “Pieces of Our Future”. It’s required that this text should be creatively used somewhere within the artwork.
- Artwork must be on an 8.5” x 11” paper (copier, printer paper or card stock) – all other sizes of artwork and lined notebook paper will not be considered for the yearbook contest.
- Artwork must be positioned in portrait, not landscape format, to fit the yearbook cover.
- All artwork must be submitted by Wednesday December 18, 2019, to your teacher or in a special box at the front office with your name/grade/teacher’s name on the back of the piece.
- All artwork must be original and individually done – group efforts will not be considered. Each student may submit one piece of art. Parents may not assist their child in the creation of the piece.
The runners-up will receive placement on the back or in the yearbook – each grade will have at least one runner-up. Principal Mrs. Makrigiorgos and appropriate office staff will choose the first place winner.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Tooba Malik, Linda Cai or Huyen Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org